Looking to help one of the world’s renowned brand agencies chart a course for the future? Deskey, one of the original brand strategy, design and activation agencies, is looking for a business development lead who can knock on doors, open up avenues and grow our legacy of helping brands discover what’s personal, simple and true.
Deskey isn’t your typical agency. We encourage freedom of thought, blue-sky ideas and core values that are rooted in what’s good for the planet. The Director, Business Development will lead our outbound strategy to identify and secure new clients, develop new business opportunities and own the revenue pipeline goal. This includes day-to-day interaction with our partners and internal client services and leadership teams to refine engagement strategies and subsequent proposals.
Overall, the ideal candidate should have an established, solid network of business prospects in retail and consumer packaged goods (CPG). Inbound leads will be supported by our multi-disciplinary team of strategists, account managers and designers.
In addition to the above job responsibilities, the Director, Business Development will manage and track daily activity in HubSpot (prospects, leads, wins and losses), report monthly on their developed pipeline, set milestones and achieve or exceed stated revenue goals.
You are the perfect fit for this role if you are passionate about branding and feel confident that you can connect Deskey’s strategy, design and activation business model with client opportunities. The right candidate will always have their finger on the pulse of their clients' and prospects' businesses and the external environments that constantly reshape growth opportunities.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong business acumen and be a true strategic partner who can see the big picture while translating that vision into action. We are looking for someone who can drive business through collaboration among peers while anticipating clients’ needs. More importantly, a successful Director, Business Development will demonstrate the utmost professionalism, leadership and empathy for Deskey clients and co-workers.
- Identify, establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers, key strategic partners and client prospects to earn their trust and form business partnerships
- Consistently engage clients, assist account managers with maintaining relationships and negotiate and close deals with new accounts
- Achieve revenue goals and maintain a strong pipeline
- Develop comprehensive engagement strategies and proposals for strategic branding initiatives and integrated design and activation initiatives
- Work directly with the VP, Client Services to set a new business budget for each opportunity. Monitor that budget (hard and soft costs) throughout the sales cycle and provide future opportunities analysis.
- Develop pricing strategies to produce competitive and profitable proposals, leveraging the established budgeting tools
- Prepare periodic sales reports showing sales volume, potential sales and areas of proposed client base expansion (via HubSpot)
- Review and analyze sales performance against programs, quotes and plans to determine effectiveness (via HubSpot)
- Knowing that our strategic POVs are a key business development tool and a true point of difference for Deskey, the Director, Business Development will lead the creation and presentation of POVs
- Partner with Client Services, Strategy and Design to define the strategic purpose and content of the POV
- Inspire and coordinate with department leads to get resources
- Maintain a timely POV development scope and budget
- Present the POV when appropriate
Outbound Strategy Development
- Manage prospects, leads and opportunities in HubSpot
- Build upon existing outbound sales and target strategies
- Partner with Client Services, Strategy and Design to create and coordinate marketing materials and content strategy
- Build upon existing conference attendance and sponsorship plan to generate leads
- BS/BA in marketing, business, communications or equivalent
- A total of 10+ years in account services or management, business development and/or marketing
- 8+ years specifically with brand design experience within CPG
- 3+ years overseeing, managing, developing and growing a team
- Proven experience managing, servicing and/or growing a $2M+ book of business
- Team-oriented across all levels and functions
- Exudes confidence, positive communication and overall professional demeanor
- Natural motivator, collaborator and relationship builder (with clients and internal teams)
Please apply by sending your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject title “Director, Business Development.”
For over 90 years, Deskey has been helping brands find themselves and consumers find brands that are right for them. We are relentless in seeking what people truly desire, and we use these insights to shape solutions that achieve results for our clients. Our own brand garners its spirit from our people, our culture and our passion for doing. It is shared among us and with the world through our mantra: personal, simple, true.